- Rich in vitamins a & c
- Contributes to immune system support, antioxidant protection, skin rejuvenation
- Used as a high-nutrition food thanks to the very broad range of vitamins and minerals it provides
- Our wheatgrass is produced with minimal processing
- Certified organic by the soil associate and vegan by the vegan society
Wheatgrass is the young, leafy growth of Wheat. Since the early Twentieth century it has been used as a high-nutrition food thanks to the very broad range of vitamins and minerals it provides. Wheatgrass is produced with minimal processing. Wheat is grown until the young leaves of the plant are in their most nutritionally rich and fertile phase, before the ear – or seed head – develops. It is then harvested, cleaned, dried and milled into a fine powder. Wheatgrass is high in Vitamin A and C, which help maintain healthy vision and contribute to normal brain function.
Discount Price: £4.13
Buy from Amazon
- Wheatgrass Powder – Triticum aestivum. Produce of China.
- Extracted from young wheatgrass shoots using a patented spray-drying process.
- Supplied in a heat-sealed foil pouch for freshness and security.
- Made from PET/AL/LLDPE to provide high barrier protection against light, moisture and oxygen for extended life.
- Re-sealable for safe storage.
Wheat Grass is the young grass of the wheat plant, a member of the Poaceae grain family. The nutrient-rich supergreen was discovered over 5000 years ago when ancient Egyptians identified the leaf blades had a positive effect on health and vitality.
Experiments in the 1930s by US Agricultural Chemist Charles F Schnabel 1930s found that ‘1 pound of wheatgrass is equal in overall nutritional value to 23 pounds of ordinary garden vegetables.’ Holistic health practitioner Ann Wigmore (who popularised the raw food diet in the 1970s) believed that wheatgrass cleansed the body of toxins while providing a proper balance of nutrients as a wholefood.
Wheat Grass Nutritional Information 100+ elements for optimum health and wellbeing. Grass absorbs 92 of 102 known minerals from the soil. Complete protein source with 17 amino acids. More vitamin C than oranges. Twice the vitamin A of carrots. Excellent source of dietary fibre, iron and B vitamins. Rich in antioxidants and enzymes, including the antioxidant enzyme, superoxide dismutase (SOD). 70% Chlorophyll – one of the best sources of the naturally occurring plant pigment regarded as a powerful element for detoxification. Contains: Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Manganese and Selenium.
Discount Price: £3.49
Buy from Amazon
- “Let Food be Your Medicine and Medicine be Your Food”
- LN2 Freeze-Dried
- USDA Organic
- Plant Originated Wellness
- A Dietary Supplement
We start by planting and growing hard-red winter wheat on our certified organic farm. Hard wheat has more protein and less sugar than other varieties. Our wheatgrass is carefully hand harvested at the peak of potency, juiced, instantly frozen, and then freeze-dried. Under the natural Oregon sunshine and rain, our wheatgrass grows deep root systems in rich soil. We never use tray grown wheatgrass, which has limited value because of the artificial soil, light, and resultant poor root development.
Discount Price: £76.97
Buy from Amazon