- Grown in the mineral rich soils of the Canterbury Plains in New Zealand, fed by fresh glacial melt water.
- Packed & prepared with care in our specialist facility in the Exmoor National Park. Our Organic facility is free from nuts, gluten, other common allergens and handles only vegan products.
- Certified Organic by the Organic Farmers & Growers Association UK
- Organic Raw Barley Grass Powder is a beautiful addition to fresh juices, smoothies, dressings, sauces, energy balls/bars, pies & flans
- High in calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, vitamin C, chlorophyll and folic acid.
Our Organic Raw Barley Grass Powder is grown in New Zealand by sprouting barley grains and allowing the young shoots to develop, usually for around 3-4 days. These are cropped, dried and ground into a fine powder, which is so electrically charged with negative ions that the powder stands up in little spikes on the spoon! This negative charge makes barley grass powder one of Mother Nature’s most alkalising foods, essential for maintaining a balanced bodily pH and regulating every cell function in our bodies. Because barley grass is such a rich source of chlorophyll it is fantastic for cleansing the blood and helping to increase to production of red blood cells. Barley grass is packed full of vitamins and minerals, co-factors, phytonutrients and 20 amino acids including all 8 essential amino acids. Barley grass contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C, E, K, biotin, choline, folic acid, niacin and pantothenic acid. Organic minerals such as calcium, copper, iron, phosphorous and zinc and trace minerals such as sodium, potassium and magnesium are all present in this chlorophyll rich super food. Barley grass powder is made from sprouted barley grass berries (Hordem vulgare grains) grown on the Canterbury Plains of New Zealand’s Southern Island. They are allowed to grow just just enough that the single leaf shoots have taken all the nutrients from their stored grain form and converted this energy into vibrant bright green leaf shoots, packed with chlorophyll ready to harvest sunlight. Our growers harvest the leaf shoots just as they reach the turning point before the plant is ready to start producing grains, as this is when the maximum amount of nutrition is contained within the leaves. It takes approximately 200 days for the young shoots to ripen enough to be cropped, during which time they bathe themselves in the nutrient dense soils of the Canterbury Plains, fed by pure mountain glacial melt water.